Thursday, March 5, 2015

Peaceful Petals DSC#122 & Mojo 387 Challenge


Hi Stampers,
What a crazy busy week it has been.  How about yours?  I spent half my week running back and forth and sitting in the vets office.  My Doberman, who is my 95# baby, has been really sick, and I have to get to the bottom of what is wrong, because I would die if I loose him.  But in between all the mess and running around over here, I did manage to get my card done for this weeks DSC#122 DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge and also for the Mojo #387 Sketch Contest.  I have to admit that trying to combine both of these challenges this week was difficult for me.  My gosh, I bet that this card took me at least 4 hours to design. It didn't really start to come together for me until I came up with the idea to add the Lucky Limeade Scallop Banner on the lower bottom portion of the card.  But finally after adding the Scallop, and constantly shifting things around, it finally started to work for me.  The base of the card was done with Strawberry Slush CS.  For layer one, I took Whisper White CS and used a  combination  of both the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set and the Peaceful Petals Stamp Set to make a background using both Lucky Limeade and Strawberry Slush Inks. 

For the 2" black tag on the card I used the Stacked With Love Paper Stack from this years Occasion Catalog and rounded the bottom corners. The focal point was the  flower that I stamped with the Peaceful Petals Stamp Set and then colored with my Blendabilities Markers.  The circles were made with a combination of the Circles Framelits and the 2-1/2" Circle Punch.

My matching envelope and it's liner were both made with the Envelope Punch Board.  For the envelope liner, I used a sheet of paper from the Stacked With Love Paper Stack. The final "tweak" factor was adding a small Pearl Gem, the Lucky Limeade Button, and the bow made from Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine.  It finally made the card come all together.  I hope you enjoy the card, I would love to hear your comments on the card if you have time. God Bless!

Peaceful Petals Closeup View of the card and envelope liner.  DSC122, Mojo 387

Peaceful Petals FULL View of the card and envelope liner .  DSC122, Mojo 387

Peaceful Petals Closeup INSIDE View of the card and envelope liner.  DSC122, Mojo 387

 Peaceful Petals Closeup OUTSIDE View of the card and outside of envelope.  DSC122, Mojo 387




  Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$99.95
Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin' Pad
Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin' Pad
[126984]
$5.95
Lucky Limeade 8-1/2 X 11 Card Stock
Lucky Limeade 8-1/2 X 11 Card Stock
[122926]
$6.95
Lucky Limeade 3/8 Inch Ruffled Ribbon
Lucky Limeade 3/8 Inch Ruffled Ribbon
[122977]
$9.95
Designer Buttons - Brights Collection
Designer Buttons - Brights Collection
[119747]
$8.95
Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine
Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine
[125572]
$2.95

Check out more "Home Sweet Home Challenge" inspiration from my fellow  DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below) :

Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colors together..lucky limeade is a favorite of mine and I was sad to see it go. Paired with strawberry slush and black..well..it's striking! I hope your pup gets better fast. Praying for his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbi, Thank you so much for the comments on the card and also for the prayers for my baby. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sharon. Your creativity is amazing. Hope your puppy gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol, not only for taking time to leave a lovely comment, but also showing your concern for my dog. Both are very much appreciated. God Bless!

      Delete
    2. Hi Deb, thank you very much for leaving your comment. I love hearing what parts of my cards my followers like. That helps me to know what type of cards to make and post. Thank you again and God Bless!

      Delete

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!