Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"Hello Card" DSC#079 Thursday Challenge

Hi Stampers,
This weeks DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge DSC#079 was really a fun one.  I looked at the challenge sheet that was given to me, and it didn't take very long for my creative brain juices to start giving me ideas.  I went to bed and woke up knowing exactly what I wanted to do for a card.  Now tell me...did I really even sleep if I figured this out while supposedly sleeping?  For my "Hello Card" DSC#079 I used the For You Stamp Set for sentiment and also the Mosaic Bundle to make the mosaics on the card and Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, and Gumball Inks.  The directions and card stock measurements are listed below.  Hope you enjoy it.



Directions:
For the card base I used Whisper White CS cut at 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", Tangerine Tango CS for layer 1 cut @ 4" x 5-1/4".  Layer 2 was WWCS cut at 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" and embossed with Polka Dots embossing folder and tied a few laps of twine on right side of the card.  The Gumball Green Card Stock was cut at 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" and the small WWCS was cut at 2-1/8" x 2-1/8".  I used the For You Stamp Set for the Hello and the Mosaic Madness Bundle to cut out mosaics which I put a small rhinestone in center of each. The embossed layer 2 and the mosaic pieces were popped on card with dimensionals.

Check out more "Sketch Pad" inspiration from my fellow DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below):

Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


2 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Sharon! It's so bright and cheerful, a card anyone would be thrilled to receive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. You always leave the nicest comments and I really appreciate it. Thanks again.

      Delete

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!