Thursday, March 6, 2014

Scalloped Spring Box

Hi Stampers,
I decided to make an additional project for this weeks Thursday Challenge for DOstamper STARS "Color My World".  Like my post this morning the Joy-Fold Card, my little Scalloped Spring Box is also made with the Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Crisp Cantaloupe, Summer Starfruit and Pistachio Pudding Colors, and the Sweet Sorbet DSCS.  I used the Petal Parade and Best of Greetings Stamp Sets for these Thank You Cards. I'll post the directions later tonight.  Check out my other entry for today's Thursday Challenge for DOstamper STARS "Color My World"called Joy-Fold Sweet Sorbet Card.  Here is the link to that card also.  http://craftyandcreativeideas.blogspot.com/2014/03/joy-fold-birthday-card-sweet-sorbet.html


SUPPLY LIST
 DIRECTIONS
Cut out 2 Scallop Die cuts out of Calypso Coral CS and also 2 strips 2-1/4" x 1" for the sides of the box.
Trim the die cut scallop bottoms 1" from the bottom fold line by lining up the 1" mark on the cutter and cut off the excess.
The back of the box should have the good side of the scallop facing you and the other scallop die cut should bend forward so the good side of the scallop side is facing you on the front after it is bent down.
Put sticky strip on ends wrong sides of sides, this is where you will attach the sides of the boxes.
Attach the small side strips to the sides of the box where you put sticky strips.
Stamp the flower from the Perfect Petal set, punch out with Boho punch and then attach to front of the box with a candy dot base brad and insert a candy dot into the brad.
Using Sweet Sorbet DSCS cut a 2" x 3" piece for front bottom of the box.
Cut (1) 3" x "6" pieces of each of four colors (Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Summer Starfruit and Pool Party for small card bases score @ 3"
Cut (4) Whisper White CS 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" for layer 1 of the thank you cards
Cut (2) small strip of DSCS 1/2" x 2-3/4" for front of thank you cards, then stamp "thank you" with the Best of Greetings Stamp Set using the Stamp-a ma- jig.
Check out more "Color My World" inspiration from my fellow DOstamperSTARPS (click on their links below):

Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!