Saturday, March 1, 2014

Organize Embossing Folders with Envelope Punch Board


Hi Stampers,
I am a SUPER Organized Person to the point that I drive myself crazy sometimes.  I will never eyeball anything when making a card, and I always have to make sure that everything I do is measured exactly, and that I have labels on everything.  Crazy, I know.....but, that's me! Type A personality.   I can't work in my craft room unless everything is organized and easy to find. So here is a TIP If your Embossing Folders are just tossed in a box in the closet, it is very unlikely that you are using them to their full capacity. WHY?  Because it is hard to remember what they all look like when looking at the name on the package, especially if you have about 80 of them like I do, LOL. You need to know what they look like at a fast glance to see which embossing folder will be just the right one for the card you are working on.  Am I right?

I have the PERFECT SOLUTION for you!  About a year ago in a previous post I had shown you how I organize my embossing folders and put them into a DVD box.  But, since the release of the Stampin Up! Envelope Punch Board, I have changed the way that I now make the folders to store my Embossing Folders and I wanted to share that method with you.  It is now so much easier and faster for me to make the folders with the Envelope Punch Board vs. the old way I used to hand cut and make them.  The Stampin" Up! Envelope Punch Board has changed it all for me. 

Check out my YouTube Video below and work right along with me while we create some folders to store your embossing folders and organize you so you are able to make use of all those Embossing
Folders.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think...




 
DIRECTIONS
  1. On store bought folder from Staples I cut two pieces 7" x 11". (You will get (2) Embossing Storage Folders from each office folder).
  2. Score the 7" x 11" piece @ 5" and again @ 5-1/4".
  3. Fold up toward the front on the 5" score mark making sure that the 5-1/4" score mark is on the back of the folder.
  4. For LEFT TAB: Line left edge of paper with 2-3/4" mark on the Envelope Punch Board, punch, and then round off the left corner of the tab.  Trim off the excess off the right side of the top of the folder.
  5. For RIGHT TAB: Flip the right side of the folder as if turning a page in a book so you are now working on the backside of the folder.  Now line up with 2-3/4" mark again, punch and round.  Trim off excess off the left side of the folder.
  6. For CENTER TAB:  Line folder in punch board at 2-1/8" mark, punch, flip as if turning a page in a book, and now re-punch on other side at the 2-1/8" mark on punch board.
  7. Emboss a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of cardstock and attach to the front of the folder with Anywhere Glue Stick.
  8. Fold on the 5-1/4" score line so the two score lines form a "pocket" for the embossing folder to fit into to.
SUPPLIES
Envelope Punch Board # 133744
Anywhere Glue Sticks #104045
Embossing Folders of your choice
4-1/4" x 5-1/4" piece of cardstockfor each folder holder you want to make.
Folders from an office supply store


Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


10 comments:

  1. What a great idea...one I will definitely copy. Thank you for sharing your idea. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Linda for taking time to leave such a nice comment. I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great tutorial on making mini folders. They're cute too. And, you're not alone...I could not live without my label maker. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqueline, Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I sincerely appreciate you doing that. I am really glad that you enjoyed the tutorial.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. I will definitely be organising my embossing folder this way. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe....thank you so much! I am so glad that you like my method. This method really works for me. I am an organizing fanatic with my craft room! I truly believe that if it is organized and easy to find and use, you will use it! Everything in my craft room has to be organized, has labels, in alphabetical order etc. I even have all my embossing folders, Stamp Sets, and Framelites all typed and saved in PDF files so I carry them in my phone and iPad all the time and always know my inventory. Crazy, but that's me...LOL Thanks for taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it, God Bless!

      Delete
  5. Hi. I just came across your video for embossing folder storage and I love it! Thx so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I am so happy that you found the video and my site.

      Delete
  6. i also just came across your video.love it will be making these ..so simple and they will be cute to hold my embossing folders.thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time and letting me know that you enjoyed the video and that it will be helpful to you. Glad you found my site!

      Delete

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!