This is the card I made for this weeks Thursday Challenge for DOstamper STARS - "Color My World". The card was to be made with the Pool Party, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding Colors. All these colors are in this years free SALE-A-BRATION. Sweet Sorbet DSCS, so this paper was a PERFECT choice to use to make the card. I just love the Sweet Sorbet Paper, and I'll will be so sad to see it leave us soon. It's so pretty, and the colors are so soft and are beautiful to work with. It really makes you think about spring coming, although....with more snow coming again, it's going to take more than beautiful cardstock to give me the feeling of spring. Visit my other posting for this weeks Thursday Challenge for DOstamper STARS called Scalloped Spring Box, here is the link to that one too. http://craftyandcreativeideas.blogspot.com/2014/03/scalloped-spring-box.html
- 4-1/4” x 8-1/2” score @ 5-1/2” for base of card
- 3” x 8” score @ 4” for small inside card
- 2” strip for Full Heart Punch
- 2-1/2” x 3-1/2” for #3 oval for Oval Collection Framelits Set
- 3” x 3” for sentiment stamping front of card with Sassy Salutations Stamp Set, and cutting with the #2 Oval Collection Framelits Set
- Cut 2-3/4” x 3-3/4” for inside small card sentiment
- 4” x 5-1/4” for inside interior of card
- Cut 4 x 2 3/4" for the outside (left) panel
- Cut 2-3/4” x 3-3/4” (cantaloupe) for front side of small card
- Using Pool Party CS cut card stock to 4 1/4 x 8 1/2. Score at 5 1/2".
- Using Pool Party CS cut card stock to 3” x 8” score @ 4” for small inside card.
- Using Sweet Sorbet DSCS (small flowers), cut 4 x 5 1/4" Designer Series Paper to the interior right side of the card base.
- Using Sweet Sorbet (large multi color flowers), cut 4 x 2 3/4" for the outside (left) panel.
- Add 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" Designer Paper (cantaloupe color) to the outside front flap of the small card.
- Using Whisper White CS and the 3” x 3” CS, stamp front of card sentiment using the Sassy Salutations Stamp Set and cut out with the #2 Oval Collection Framelits Set.
- Using the WWCS 2-3/4” x 3-3/4” for inside stamp sentiment on inside insert stamp sentiment using the Remembering Your Birthday Stamp Set.
- Using scrap WWCS and the Six Sided Sampler Stamp Set, stamp the “my friend" sentiment and then cut out with the heart from the Hearts Framelit Die.
- Using the 2” scrap strip of Pool Party punch out a heart form the Full Heart Punch
- “Pop” the Pool Party/Happy Birthday sentiment onto from of card
- Add the gems as shown.
If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.
You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.