Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hello Sweet Friend

Hi Stampers,
I actually had a few hours to myself today and was able to design a few different cards. As you can see, I am still obsessed with the Sweet Sorbet DSCS . This is the card that I designed and made for this weeks MOJO Monday Contest 336.  The middle layers are a little tricky, but I put directions below as to how I did it.

 
The base of the card is Whisper White CS followed next by (2) 1" x 4-1/4" strips of Pool Party CS.  that I placed 1/2" from bottom and top of the card base.  I then topped that with a 4-1/4" x 3-3/4" piece of Sweet Sorbet DSCS.  Easy so far, right?   Now for the center... The center circle of the card is actually 4 different layers. 
 
It is a little hard to see what I actually did in the middle but the back two circles are made with the #6 and #7 Framelits from the Circle Framelits Collection.  I glued one on top of the other and "popped" onto card front with Dimensionals.  The next layer working upward is a circle cut with the #5 Framelit from the Circle Framelits Collection and using the "small flourish" stamp from the Petal Parade Stamp Set, I stamped all around the outside edges of the circle with Pool Party Ink then I glue that into the hole of the circle. Finally the top and foremost layer is the flower from the Petal Parade Stamp Set which I stamped with Crisp Cantaloupe Ink and I cut that out with the #4 Circle from the Circle Framelits Collection and I "popped" with dimensionals into the center. The "Hello Sweet Friend" was from the Six-Sided Sampler Stamp Set. And the banner was cut from the Banners Framelits Set
 
NOTE:  Both the Sweet Sorbet DSCS and the Petal Parade Stamp Set are both Sale-a-bration items and are only available for ordering as one free item for every $50 purchase.
 
SUPPLIES

Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!