Thursday, December 3, 2015

DSC#159-Hot Cocoa Packet

Hi Stampers,
Take a look at this weeks DOstamper Thursday DSC#159 Color My World Challenge!  This is a cute little Hot Coca Packet that I designed for my upcoming Card and Hot Cocoa Class to be held next week on December 10 at 10:00 am. Isn't it just too cute? I hand cut out the Santa image from my new  Home for Christmas DSP from the Holiday Catalog.  Love it!  The little Santa image had the Real Red, Pool Party and Mossy Meadow challenge colors within the image, so that worked out great for me when designing the card.  Now I could just take off and put it all together with colors to accent the image nicely. If you have time to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!  God Bless!



I used the Real Red CS for the base of the card and embossed it with the Softly Falling Textured Embossing Folder.  The little strip of paper at bottom of card was taken from the Merry Moments DSP which was also from the 2015 Holiday Catalog.  The Smoky Slate CS Circle was punched with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch.  I added some snowflake and silver gems from the Frosted Sequins.  The sentiment was from the Happy Scenes Photopolymer Stamp Set and it was attached to the Modern Label Punch  and attached to the bottom of the card.


 The finishing touch was closing up the side of the card using the (retired) Green Sweater Trim, add a little peppermint stick and of course a package of Hot Cocoa.  As always, the envelope and envelope liner were both made with the Envelope Punch Board.


Basic Instructions:
  • Using the Home for Christmas DSP, cut out the Santa freehand.
  • Cut Real Red CS base 8-1/2" x 11" score a straight line @4-1/4", then score on a diagonal line@5-3/4"
  • Emboss the front of the card using the Softly Falling Textured Embossing Folder.
  • Attach a strip of Tear & Tape to the "bottom only" of the inside of the front of the card so only the bottom is closed securely. Then a 1" piece to the small angled flap.
  • Using a Crop-A-Dile, punch the first 3/16” hole 2-7/8" down from the top back of card and 1/2" in from right side of the card. Punch the second hole approx. 1/2" from first hole thru both sides. 
  • Cut the the Merry Moments DSP @ 1" x 4-1/4" then attach the striped paper using tape runner.
  • "POP" both the Santa and the 2-1/2" circle onto the card using dimensionals as shown.  
  • Attach the Sweater Yarn Trim to the card. Use the bottom hole first and the FRONT of the card, feed the yarn into front to back and coming around the side of the card leaving about 6" tail on front of the card.
  • Wrap around the front of the card and into front upper hole from the front.  Leave a small loop around card edge for the candy cane to stick in.  Tie a bow around the candy.  
  • Apply glue dots to the back of the sequins and attach snowflakes using the 2-way glue pen.
  • Envelope Liner was made with the Envelope Punch Board and Fresh Prints DSP.


Product List
Modern Label Punch
Modern Label Punch
[119849]
$16.95
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25
Gumball Green 1/4" Sweater Trim
Gumball Green 1/4" Sweater Trim
[127838]
$8.95
Crop-A-Dile
Crop-A-Dile
[108362]
$29.95


Check out more "Color My World" inspiration from my fellow DOstamperSTARS (Be sure to click on their links below):   The STARS have outdone themselves this week with stunning, fun cards!

Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


6 comments:

  1. Ah...this is one of my old standby's...the hot cocoa packet holder. Your Santa version is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, Love it too! In fact I did take that angle measurement and basic idea from yours and another one I saw and made it my own. Thanks for the comment, appreciate it as always!

      Delete
  2. Another great project Sharon! I love that ribbon! (I was sad when I used mine up.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie, I wish they still carried this sweater yarn too, I love it and mine is almost gone too. Thanks for leaving a comment, appreciated as always!

      Delete
  3. Another fun project I forget to make! I have a whole package of each color of that sweater trim that I bought "just in case" I needed it after it was retired. I have small pieces of the Santa paper so this will be perfect to use. Plus, I just happened to buy a box of hot chocolate at the store last night! Now, do I wait for your post with the directions and measurements or look for Dawn's which I have used before? Either way I am going to subscribe to your blog so I don't miss a thing! Won't this be cute to make a bunch of these up and put in a bowl to give guests when they drop by or surprise the UPS man or mail man?

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris from Iowa, Im so glad that you like the "updated look" on the card. I used a few ideas from a few places to finally put this together. The actual card base measurement and 5/8" angle was the same as Dawn's if that helps. I have made these before but a different look and different papers etc. an I did give some of these as gifts and people loved them. Ill be posting the directions in a few days. Email me if you can't wait that long.

      Delete

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!