Are you ready for another Valentine's Day Card? I really hope so, because this weeks card is another Valentine's Day Card. The card this week is for both the DSC#116 DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge and also for the Mojo #381 Contest. I named my card "You Plus Me-Be Mine". I really loved the color combo in the Home Sweet Home Challenge Photo below, and I found tons of ideas flowing in my head immediately as to what I would do to make this card. I also really LOVED the layout of this week's Mojo#379 Sketch. So....I put both these wonderful ideas and challenges together and thus this card was designed and put together.
For the base of the card I used the Early Espresso CS. The decorative paper on the card was made with the Stacked With Love Paper Pack from the New Occasions Catalog for Sale-a-Bration. The center circles were created with both Real Red CS and Crisp Cantaloupe CS using a combination of the 2-1/2" Large Circle Punch and also the Circles Collection Thinlits Dies. Both the envelope and it's liner were both made with the Envelope Punch Board. The envelope liner was made with the Neutrals Backgrounds DSP. The final "tweak" was adding the Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon and a few Red Gems. I put the cardstock cutting sizes at the end of this post for you. I hope you enjoy the card, I would love to hear your thoughts...God Bless!
CARDSTOCK CUTTING INSTRUCTIONSThank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!
Early Espresso CS
- 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored @ 4-1/4" for card base
Whisper White CS
- 4" x 5-1/4" for layer 1
- (#4) circle from framelits for sentiment
- 8" x 8" for envelope, punch and score @ 3-1/2"
Real Red CS
- 3-3/4" x 4-1/4" for layer 2
- (#5) circle from framelits
Stacked With Love Paper Stack
- 2-3/4" x 4" for layer 3
Crisp Cantaloupe CS
- (2-1/2") Circle Punch
Neutrals Backgrounds DSP
- 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" for envelope insert, punched @ 4-1/8"
- (2-1/2") Circle Punch
Check out more "Home Sweet Home Challenge" inspiration from my fellow DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below):
- Cindy Techlin: Crazy About You Valentine Card
- Laurie Zoellmer: Groovy Love Valentine Card
- Robyn Rasset: I Like You Valentine Card
- Dawn Olchefske: Groovy Love Valentine Card
- Connie Plaumann: Hey, Valentine Berry Basket
- Miriam Bollinger: Heart Framelits Valentine Card
- Jan Carlsoon: Hello Life Valentine Card
If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.
You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.