Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Tasty Trucks GOLF CART Card - DSC#222

Hi Stampers,
For this weeks DOstamper Thursday DSC#222 Product Spotlight Challenge it is all about using the new Watercolor Pencils.  I still hadn't had a chance to work with the Tasty Trucks Stamp Set  that I had received FREE as one of my Sale-a-bration items last month. Since I am a golfer and love the sport, I really wanted to do some scissor surgery on that Tasty Truck and somehow turn it into a Golf Cart. It drove me crazy!!!  Nothing I did seemed to look like a Golf Cart.  I decided to sleep on it until the day and promised myself that if I couldn't figure it out the next day, I was throwing the idea in the garbage and would just color something else. But finally...something just clicked and my Golf Cart was finally created.


Tasty Trucks Golf Cart

This was truly a challenge for me to create!  The background was not planned, I just kept taking different inks and sponges and started swirling to create the sky, clouds, and the shading on the grass.  Finally I stamped a pine tree to the left to even things out. The coloring of the Golf Cart was done with the Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen, and I outlined  a few areas with two of my Stampin Write Markers.  Did you catch my little Golf Bag and Golf Clubs sticking out of the back of the Golf Cart?

Tasty Trucks Golf Cart

The finishing touch was to add the little cloud and sun and emboss the envelope liner with clouds.


Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


10 comments:

  1. Great idea to turn the truck into a golf cart - clever! Thanks for playing along with this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! There are so many cute things made with the Tasty Trucks Set. It is amazing how many ideas came from it.

      Delete
  2. Really cute idea! Turned out to be a great masculine card. Thanks for sharing your idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, Thank you. It is a cute masculine card, but I think a woman golfer like myself would even have a laugh over it.

      Delete
  3. This turned out great! I have a few guys I make cards for and play golf. I might have to borrow my local demo's set to make a few of these cards. Thanks for a great idea!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really got a kick out of your golf cart. My brother in Texas builds carts for sale. I'm going to case your darling card and send it to him. He will get a real chuckle out of it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MizMaryAnn, I love these comments, it looks like people are really enjoying this card. Love to see what you come up with. Send me a photo to my email, I would love to see it. Thanks again, glad that you loved the card and appreciate the comment!

      Delete
  5. Just Brilliant! I know a few ladies that will love to be aboe to do a golf cart.... Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!