Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Stampin Up Best Day Ever - DSC#120 & Mojo 385 Challenges


Hi Stampers,
I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the FREE stamp sets and FREE Designer Paper you can earn from Sale-a-Bration this year.  I have used both the FREE Best Day Ever Stamp Set and the FREE Best Year Ever DSP to make this weeks card.  This weeks Best Day Ever Card is for both the DSC#120 DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge and also for the Mojo #385 Sketch Contest. This card was so much fun for me to make.  I LOVED the color combination on the DOStamper Challenge in the Challenge Photo below, and fell in love with the layout of this week's Mojo#385 Sketch Contest . So...once again, I I knew that I was going to put both these wonderful ideas and challenges together and created my card.

For the card base and layer 2 of the card I used the Whisper White CS. Layer 1 and the square on center of card were Calypso Coral CS.  The patterned papers on the top layer were all from the FREE Best Year Ever DSP from this years Sale-a-Bration. The stamp set for the sentiment was the FREE Best Day Ever Stamp Set.  Both the Best Year Ever DSP and the Best Day Ever Stamp Set  are Sale-a-Bration items which you can earn FREE for each $50 order you place during Sale-a-Bration!  Sale-a-Bration ends March 31st, and NONE of the items will be carried over to next years catalog.  So if you want any of the stamp sets of paper that are FREE, make sure you get them before March 31st.

 Both the matching envelope and it's liner were both made with the Envelope Punch Board.  For the envelope liner, I used a sheet of paper from the Winter Frost Paper Stack. (See, not all Christmas paper needs to be for just Christmas). I stamped the "Best Day" and cut it out with the #4 circle from the Circles Framelits Collection.  The final "tweak" factor was adding the Crushed Curry Button and Bakers Twine.  It really made the Crushed Curry DSP paper jump out and say hello.  I hope you enjoy the card, I would love to hear your comments on the card if you have time. God Bless!


Best Day Ever Card Saleabration 2015

Best Day Ever Card Saleabration 2015

Best Day Ever Card Saleabration 2015

Best Day Ever Card Saleabration 2015



CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS
Whisper White CS
  • 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored @ 4-1/4" for base of card
  • 3-3/4" x 5" for layer 2
  • sentiment stamped and cut out with #4 circle from Circles Framelits Collection
Calypso Coral CS
  • 4" x 5-1/4" for layer 1
  • 3" x 3" square
Best Year Ever DSP
  • 2" x 4-1/4" 
  • 1-1/2" x 5"yellow piece trimmed to fit on angle
_______________________________________________

Check out more "Color Challenge" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below) - they've outdone themselves this week, again!: 

Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


4 comments:

  1. Your cards are always so beautiful Sharon! Anyone receiving this card is sure to have their best day ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...Thank you so much Linda. You always leave the sweetest comments and make my day! Thank you so much, God Bless!

      Delete
  2. I like the way you selectively stamped the greeting...great idea! Thanks for playing along for this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn..Only you would notice the little fine points like that. LOL Thanks so much, I really appreciate the comment!

      Delete

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!