Here is my card for this weeks DOstampers STARS Thursday Challenge DSC #085. It seems to me that there are not a lot of stamp sets that have that "masculine look" to them. Don't you agree? I purchased The Open Sea Stamp Set from Stampin Up! and I just love it! The girls at my card class had a lot of fun making this card too, with some mistakes happening that day too. Oh well, each card was an original! LOL This card is perfect for a masculine looking card for your father, brother, or any other male you need to send a card to. Wouldn't this be a great stamp set for you to use to make that upcoming "Father's Day Card"? Just change the inside to say Happy Father's Day instead of Happy Birthday, and your are all set!
CardstockBasic Black CS #121045
- Cut base 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" score@ 4-1/4"
- Cut a 2-3/4" x 2" to be used for back of ship
- 4" x 5-1/4", (layer 1) sponge the edges of paper with Early Espresso Ink and then the surface of paper using circular movements.
- 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” for Stampin log and globe and trim down to 3-1/4" x 4-1/4"
- 4” x 5-1/4” for card insert
(22-1/2 inches) - Gold Baker Twine #132975
Stamp a ma jig #101049
Early Espresso Ink #126974
Baked Brown Sugar Ink #131174
Island Indigo Ink #126986
Riding Hood Red #126968
The Open Sea #123032
Bring On the Cake #121958
- Using the Crumb Cake 4" x 5-1/4", (layer 1) sponge the edges of paper with Early Espresso Ink and then the “swirl” sponge on the surface of paper using circular movements.
- Using the 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” Very Vanilla CS piece and Baked Brown Sugar Ink, and the stamp sailing log onto paper twice side by side using the stamp-a-ma-jig. Cut paper down to 3-1/4" x 4-1/4". Then stamp the globe on top of log, both using the Baked Brown Sugar Ink.
- Using swirl movements, sponge surface of paper with Baked Brown Sugar, Island Indigo, and Riding Hood Red Inks.
- Tear edges toward yourself and then sponge the edges with Early Espresso Ink
- Using scrap paper, stamp the ship, cut using the #4 square Framelits, staying toward top of ship, stamp the ship using Espresso Ink, then trim off bottom of paper so ship paper is 1-3/4" in height.
- For inside - cut 4" x 5-1/4", tear edges, and then sponge the edges with Early Espresso Ink. Stamp with "Bring on the Cake" Stamp Set.
- Wrap twine. use scotch tape to tape to back of Crumb Cake Layer, and assemble rest of card “pop” black piece of ship backing layer
If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.
You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.