Friday, November 8, 2013

Painters Tape Technique Card

Hi Stampers,

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this card!.  The Painter's Technique is such a fun and easy technique to do and makes such a beautiful card while having so much fun making it.  You are just going to love making this one!  I used both the Lovely As A Tree Stamp Set and the Express Yourself Stamp Set on this card. 

Once again, I used my favorite new toy this year, The Envelope Score Board for making the Envelope and liner inside it.  So much fun...  It seems like I use that Envelope Score Board on every card now, because I really like making matching envelopes for every card I make.  I made a video for you in addition to posting all of the instructions below.  After you try it, come back to the blog and leave a comment under the comments section under the card so others will know what you think of the Painter's Technique.  Enjoy!


“Always Thinking About You”
Painters Technique Card

 

 Supplies
 
 Early Espresso Cardstock #119686
  • 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored @ 4-1/4”for the card base
Soft Sky Cardstock #131203
  • 4” x 5-1/4” (Layer 1)
Whisper White #100730
  • (Layer 2) 3-3/4 x 5”
  • 8” x 8” for envelope (punch and score @ 3-1/2”)
  • 4 “ x 5-1/4” for card inside
Subtles DS Paperstack #130135
  • 4-1/4” x 4-1/4” for envelope liner (punch at 4-1/8”)
Additional Supplies Needed
Early Espresso Ink #126974
Sahara Sand Ink #126976
Wisteria Wonder Ink #126985
Soft Sky Ink #131181
Stamp-a-ma-jig #101049
Express Yourself Stamp Set #130339
Lovely As A Tree Stamp Set #127793
Glue Dots #103683
1” Painters Tape (Blue Tape)
Early Espresso Twine #123124 - 32” piece (wraps 3 times around layer 2)
Envelope Score Board #133744
Multipurpose Liquid Glue #110755
Snail Adhesive #104332
Dimensionals #104430
 
Directions:  (SEE ABOVE VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS)

Make the card base and cut all pieces as stated above.

On the layer 1 Whisper White layer (3-3/4 x 5” ), measure 7/8” from top and place a small pencil mark, and then 2”, once again make a small pencil mark. Measure 7/8” from bottom, and place a small pencil mark. Now ink the tape and place at the lines. 

Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, line up the trees image from the Lovely As A Tree Stamp Set, stamp it using Early Espresso Ink, and then stamp the “Always Thinking of You” from the Express Yourself Stamp Set.

Tie twine around the same Whisper White layer (3-3/4 x 5” ) wrapping (3) times around paper and then tie a bow at left side. Spread out the right side of the twine in a fan effect.

Use snail to attach the Soft Sky (layer 2) to the Early Espresso Card Base, and then use Dimensionals to “pop” the Whisper White (Layer 1) onto the Soft Sky Layer

Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


2 comments:

  1. What a clever technique using painters tape. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across you video on youtube.. and had to give this a try.. I also put my card on my blog, and put a link back to your video.. Great job.
    http://pjs-projects.blogspot.com/2017/11/challenge-266-anything-goespainters.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!