Monday, July 29, 2013

Baby Side Step Dresser Card

Hi Stampers,
I was inspired by a few cards that I saw on the internet recently, and I decided that I just had to make my own versions of a few of them. I improvised on some of the paper, punches and stamps etc. from the originals as to be able to work with the supplies that I had in my Craft Room.
 
(My inspiration for this card came from Jackie Topa)
 
Supplies
 
Very Vanilla Card Stock #101650
  • used for card base, sentiment base and the drawers
Strawberry Slush Card Stock #131295
 
Baked Brown Sugar Ink #1311741
 
Baja Breeze Ink#111833 (retired)
 
Teddy & Train Stamp Set #115219 (retired)
 
Baby Tees Wheel #118621
 
Decorative Label Punch #120907
 
Scallop Edge Border Punch #119882
 
Brads for dresser handles
 
Directions:
 
Dresser Card Base
  • With the Very Vanilla Card Stock cut a piece 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"  Find the center of paper (2 3/4") and mark.  On the center of the paper, starting cutting from the 1" mark up to the 5 1/4" mark.  Score at 1" and at 2" from one of the edges to the center cut mark. Ink all around edges of the dresser with the Baked Brown Sugar. Use the Decorative Label Punch to punch out the bottom the left side of the dresser bottom, and the Scallop Edge Border Punch for the right side of the bottom of the dresser.
Drawers
Cut (3) pieces of Very Vanilla Card Stock at 3/4" x 2".  Ink edges also with the Baked Brown Sugar Ink.
 
With the Strawberry Slush Card Stock cut a matt 2" x 2 1/2" and cut the Very Vanilla Card Stock at 1 3/4" x 2 1/4" for the sentiment paper to adhere to the matt.  Ink edges of the Very Vanilla Card Stock with the Baja Breeze Ink.
 
For inside
With the Strawberry Slush Card Stock cut a matt 2 1/4" x 4" and the Very Vanilla Card Stock at 2" x 3 3/4"  for the sentiment paper to adhere to the matt.  Ink edges of the Very Vanilla Card Stock with the Baja Breeze Ink.
 
Add brads to the dresser drawers for handles and stamps and tees to card front as you see fit.
 

Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!