Hi Stampers,Here is my take on this weeks DOstamper Thursday DSC#192 Color My World Challenge! I was dying to use my May Flowers Framelits Dies and had a brainstorm to make a paper mask using the large flower framelit and the Mint Macaron Ink to create the background pattern on the Mint Macaron Cardstock to give the paper some dimension.
Isn't that large flower from the May Flowers Framelits Dies just beautiful? The leaves from this set are so pretty and cute too. The May Flowers Framelits Dies is a MUST HAVE set!
As you know, I always make my own Custom Envelopes and Custom Envelope Liners to match all of my cards using the Envelope Punch Board. The little swirls on the Custom Envelope Liners were made with the New Timeless Textures Stamp Set and the New Sweet Sugarplum Ink. The finishing touch was to add the little bow with the Whisper White Bakers Twine.
- Cut Mint Macaron Cardstock base 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" and score at 4-1/4".
- Using the May Flowers Framelits Dies cut out the large flower using Sweet Sugarplum CS and the two leaves using Old Olive CS. Use the cut out from the large flower for a mask for inking the cardbase front using a dauber and Mint Macaron Ink.
- Cut Whisper White CS @ 4" x 5-1/4" for card inset for a sentiment.
- Cut Whisper White CS @ 2-1/2" x 5-1/2". Using Mint Macaron Ink, stamp the stripes diagonally using the Timeless Textures Clear-Mount Stamp Set.
- Stamp the banner using the Basket You Photopolymer Stamp Set and Island Indigo Ink onto scrap paper and cut out with the Bunch of Banners Framelits Collection.
- Make a bow with Whisper White Bakers Twine. and attach with a glue dot.
- Custom Envelope Liner was made with the Envelope Punch Board and the New Timeless Textures Stamp Set and Sweet Sugarplum Ink.
Be sure to check out more "Color My World" inspiration from my fellow DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.
You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.