Wednesday, May 6, 2015

DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge #131: Butterfly Basics Card

Hi Stampers,
Take a look at this weeks DOstamper Thursday DSC#131 Home Sweet Home Challenge!  Just got my Butterfly Basics Stamp Set and could not wait to use it.  So glad the plates had butterflies on them and I love the light blue butterfly as it reminds me of Pool Party CS.


Butterfly Basics Card - DSC#131

What a fun sketch for this week's challenge!  "Butterflies" was what caught my eye in this photo this week.  Yeah.... I really wanted to use my new Butterflies Basics Stamp Set.  So this was a perfect week for me.

Butterfly Basics Card  Cose up shot- DSC#131

Basic Instructions:
  • Using the Butterfly Basics Stamp Bundle, cut out large butterfly with Crumb Cake CS and small butterfly with Gold Foil Sheet.
  • Cut Kraft Paper CS base 8-1/2" x 11" and score at 5-1/2".
  • Cut Pool Party CS @ 4" x 5-1/4"
  • Cut Whisper White CS @ 3-3/4" x 5", using Crumb Cake Ink, stamp with Dictionary Stamp.  Now emboss with the Lovely Lace Folder
  • Cut the Pool Party Circles with #6 and #7 circles from the Circle Framelits Collection.
  • Cut 2 pieces of ribbon, one of each of the Pool Party and Crumb Cake colors and tie a not knot on ribbon pieces to hold together with Whisper White Bakers Twine.
  • Add 2 Gold Gems to Butterfly.
  • Stamp sentiment on Crumb Cake CS and round the edges.
  • Envelope Liner was made with the Envelope Punch Board and the Moonlight DSP.
Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$4.95
Pool Party 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon
Pool Party 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon
[125582]
$6.95
Big Shot
[113439]
$99.95
Check out more "Home Sweet Home" inspiration from my fellow DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below) : 
Miriam Bollinger: Papillon Potpourri card
Sharon Bennett: Butterfly Basics card
Ashley Simmons: Papillon Potpourri card
Dawn Olchefske: Celebrate Today card
Mackenzie Fuchs: Papillon Potpourri card
Linda Kaufman: Kind & Cozy card

Thank you so much for viewing my cards and for taking the time to leave me your comments! I read all of them, and I sincerely appreciate all of them!

If you would like to automatically get my blog posts by email all you have to do is enter your email address in the upper right hand corner of my blog where it says "follow me by email" then you'll never miss a a card or project again.

You can purchase supplies for this card and all my projects on my online Stampin' Up! Website by clicking the Shop 24/7 link below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comment!